Friday, February 13, 2009

Unrivaled access

Currently, I am sitting on the elaborately decorated tile floor of the United States Capitol Building, just outside of the Press Photographer's Gallery.  Nancy Pelosi is scheduled to hold a press conference in forty minutes regarding the current vote in the House on the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, also known as the stimulus bill.  Any minute now, I will be getting off the floor, grabbing my camera, and nervously trotting off to her little conference room to snap roughly 90 seconds worth of photos of the Speaker of the House.  Then I will equally awkwardly waddle back up to the Press Photographer's Gallery to upload and edit my images, hopefully at least three of which will be decent.  Hopefully.

Let me clarify as this is my first post, and I'm sure no one really knows what's going on.  I am in Washington DC for the final semester of my senior year of college at Boston University, and I am (pretending to be) a credentialed and working photojournalist.  I will be posting some of my images up here, as well as links to my published photos and their accompanying stories.  But mostly, I just want to ramble about what it's like to transition from the sorry excuse for a college student that I was, to a neophyte photojournalist blindly trying to figure out how to cover politics with my lens.  Splendid.  Stay tuned for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment